Saturday, August 05, 2006

Calero Park

For those of you who don't think I suffer for my Art, I thought I'd relate the little "stroll" I took this morning. I make a point to visit all our local parks and am always on the lookout for new ones. This morning, we thought we'd try Calero in South San Jose. Now, South San Jose gets hotter than it does here but, although it's August, it was early enough that we thought we'd be OK. Well...I misread the trail map and, what I thought was a 1.8 mile loop was actually twice that and undulated up & down. My legs were like rubber! I felt like Bill Murray trudging up the stairs in Ghostbusters. But, on the bright side, I got lots of great reference photos of our golden hills and oak trees. Also, Calero has stables onsite so I also got some nice photos of horses.


Golden Gate Bridge Photo

We went back to the Monet in Normandy exhibit at the Legion of Honor museum in San Francisco. In addition to the inspiration of being close to one of the great ones, I got some fantastic reference photos of the Golden Gate Bridge, as seen from Lincoln Park. I forgot to look for that temple like structure associated with the Legion of Honor. I will have to catch it next time. This time, we took 280 to 35 to the Great Highway, which enabled us to skirt around the city and avoid all that harrowing traffic.

No comments: